Friday, March 23, 2012

Spring Break and California

Dave and I took advantage of our week long Spring Break and booked a trip to California.  We were wanting to plan a big trip out of the country for our Anniversary in May but we just recently have been throwing around the idea of moving to New York.  This threw our plans off a little bit and we ended up planning something spontaneous and a little bit last minute, it was super worth it.  We made our way out on Tuesday to L.A.  By the time we hit California we only had 100 pages left in The Hunger Games.  I can't believe that I read aloud for a straight 7 hours!  We couldn't wait for the second book so we bought it there on our way out and finished it on our way home.
San Diego Temple, Sea World, Disney Land, California Adventure, Dave and Busters, Driving, The Holiday Inn, the beach. Fun fun fun.  Wish the weather would have held up a little bit better so that we could kayak through caves in La Jolla and wear shorts and a t-shirt, but regardless it was a great trip.

   
Dinner on the beach of San Diego. This girl needs some sun! Unfortunately we didn't see much of it.

 I would never wear this shirt but it told a great story.

Dave finally got the famous turkey leg that my brothers always rave about.  He was a happy man.

 
 Yes, I took that picture.  Dave will try to take the credit but we know who is really deserving.

 Dave and Buster's.  I finally found out why people love this place, it was so fun!

 California Adventure.
  
Disney Land!  Because the weather put a wrench in our plans we ended up hitting Disney Land on a weekend.  Spring break, weekend and Disney Land do not fit together.  The lines were super long and there were lots of snotty kids.  Dave finally said that it was great birth control haha. It has been a long time since I have been, it was still great for me.  Just happy to see all the fun things like this hill of flowers.


Sea World!  The dolphins and sea lions were my favorite shows.  It is so amazing what they can make these animals can do!


And they came home safely and still kept living their happily ever after.

No comments:

Post a Comment