Sunday, August 4, 2013

BYU's newest Wide Receiver Recruit


Here are highlights from sophmore to senior year for Talon. So fun to see his progression! How they fit 3 seasons into 5 minutes? I don't know, too many plays to choose from! Thank you to them!

Talon had a great senior year! Lone Peak's football team took second in State and Talon officially committed to BYU football as a Wide Reciever. He was named Region MVP for the second time. The first time in Utah history that a player has been awarded this twice in one high school career. We were so anxious to see if he would choose football or basketball. He had offers from every school in the country. I had to giggle when I saw a letter on my family's table from Notre Dame wanting Talon to visit. He just shrugged and was like, "Meh I got a whole shoe box of letters." Like it was nothing. His biggest decision was between Oregon and BYU. On a Friday, Bronco Mendenhal finally asked Talon, "What is holding you back from committing to my team Talon?" Talon replied by saying that he wanted to go to the same school as his brother Colton. Colton's application to BYU hadn't been finalized so he wasn't sure if Colton would be going there or not. On Monday morning my mom got a call from BYU's admission's office letting her know that Colton had been officially accepted to BYU. Our family gets a kick out of that. The rest is history, BYU is very excited that Talon will be a strong addition to their team when he returns from his mission. So proud of Talon and his hard work. He is an amazing athlete. His end goal is the NFL and I have no doubt that he is capable of getting there. The highlight of this whole recruiting process was that Bronco Mendenhal himself came to my mom's house for dinner and to meet the whole family. Finally have a claim to fame! Very fun and exciting time in Talon's life. I feel so lucky to be a part of it all.









No comments:

Post a Comment