Sunday, June 9, 2013

Another Year Down

Wow. Life sure did get crazy I have missed blogging! I miss blogging because not only I like to keep family and friends updated with what's going on with me and the husband but it is really nice to have a record of special things that are happening in our life. Are you ready for blog overload big time? Ready. . .here we go!

This has been a year of TONS of growth. I have had to push myself in ways that I never thought that I could. I will begin with our first day of school. Like our first day of school pictures? Dave and I started a new semester in August. This was the beginning of my dental hygienist endeavors. I had 2 semesters to cram in what most people do in 2 years! The program is extremely competitive UVU only accepts 14 students each year and Weber accepts 30. It is critical to have near perfect grades. I was ready to take on the challenge!
 Dave will always sing "I got my boots tied tight, hope I don't get in a fight. Back to school! Back to school!" Thanks to Adam Sandler in Billy Madison for our theme song:) 
 The dreaded UVU Anatomy. Dr. Shively. Hardest Anatomy course next to Harvard. Or so some sources say--I would believe it. 45-50 hours a week on top of my other 12 credits and working part time. Talk about exhausted and stretched too thin! I never saw Dave but the sacrifice was worth it when I got an A! Yes, I cried. I have never worked so hard or learned so much in 16 weeks. It was a lifetime experience. I have found a great passion for studying the body and although I had to push myself mentally and emotionally in ways I never thought possible, I learned how to study well and how to really dedicate myself to learning material.


I made great friends, Mcall, Jonny and Jared. This is our study session over fall break for midterms. I was so grateful to have these guys to help me stay focused! They were seriously awesome! What a semester. Now everything seems down hill next to what I went through. So glad it's over!! Would I do it again? Oh yeah.

No comments:

Post a Comment