Tuesday, June 26, 2012

A Few Home Additions!

Since my schedule has been nothing but free time and a few hours at work I have been able to get a lot done at the house.  I know that there are a few who have asked that I post pictures so here they are!  I am happy with how little money it has costed to make big changes.  I love this quote: it is so me! I have found that you can take so many things and make them your own.
That is what we have been doing with our little place, making it beautiful. When we first found this home, and Dave wanted to move, I thought there would be no hope in making it feel like home. Buut with a little creativity and work it is starting to feel like a place that I just don't want to leave.  (Maybe I'll be saying differently in three years) but for now I am very happy with how it is coming along!  Check out what we have so far.

Our new couches!! I came home one day and the old Christmas plaid couches were gone and these beauties were in their place.  Happy day!  I love the grey, which seems to be the new brown these days, and I love the sleekness of the couches and they are the perfect size for our living room.
 I recovered the panels on our walls.  The not so awesome part about our new grey couches was that I had to switch out all of the tan, light blue color scheme that I had worked on.  I like this much better!  As many of you know we painted our whole house.  In this room and the kitchen we did a neutral tan.  I normally shy away from purple but I am so happy with end result.  It is crazy how $15.00 worth of fabric can totally pull a room together!
 In our kitchen I bought ruffled fabric and sewed a curtain.  Love the way this added to our big window.
 I painted our shelves this bright aqua blue to add some color to our very white kitchen.
 This is how they look together:)
 Dave finally has a pea!  His first harvest in the garden.  Happy man, I am very proud of him.  He is so cute about the yard.  They are delicious!  I love having a garden, I don't think I could ever go without one.  Snap peas are pretty pricey to buy but this way they are basically free.  It works out very nicely that he works on the yard and I like to work on the inside.
 Remember that cherry table?  Yep this is the same one! I love the way it turned out.  A little bit of primer, spray paint and spray lacquer this table fits perfect in our living room!
 I designed these 12x12 quotes and had them printed at Office Max for .50 cents. I really like how the big frames took up the wall space so nicely.
 Window treatments and a mirror that is tall enough for Dave to see his whole self:)
Framed a mirror in the frame that I had above the fireplace.  This added height to our mantle which was much needed to fill that large space.
Lydia came for a visit!  We love having her here.  Dave is such a good uncle!

No comments:

Post a Comment