1. I got into nursing school at UVU and started in January. It was such a touch decision of which direction I wanted to go; dental hygiene? medical school? PA school? nursing? I am so glad that I jumped on the opportunity! About 2 weeks before the application was due, I thought to myself, it doesn't hurt right? I crammed for the entrance exam, took it 3 hours before the application was due, and was thrilled to find that my score and my GPA was high enough to slam an interview. Next thing I knew, I was buying green scrubs and a LOT of books for nursing school. I think I am the only one in my class of 40 that doesn't have any prior medical experience. Dental assisting aside, they are two very different worlds. I am now in 2nd semester and looking forward to a career in nursing!
3. Keelee got married and the shower I threw her turned out very cute! Super happy for this girl and the life she has started. I am so glad that we live so close!
4. Colton came home from Brazil speaking all funny and loosing 80 pounds and stuff. Yes, it is true, we didn't recognize him. It is really good to have him home. He is now at BYU studying chemical engineering and working on finding a wife. Ya know, the normal RM stuff.
5. Niece number one got really grown up and I took her 1 year pictures up at Snow Bird. How sweet is she?
6. Erica and Greg had another baby and her middle name is the same as mine which makes her my favorite:)
7. I decided to go to Kentucky to sell for Vivint. It was a pretty good experience. Taught me a lot about pushing through situations that you "don't feel like" and also worked on some of my business negotiation skills. It was a successful summer. I cannot say I will miss Kentucky. There were some pretty moments and some nice people but for the most part smokers, dirty, no side walks, death by humidity and bugs, bugs and more bugs! I cried when I got home. It was so relieving to push so hard and then be back in cozy Utah with the beautiful mountains! Either dying in the heat or trudging in weeds along country roads in my most attractive outfit!









No comments:
Post a Comment