Sunday, April 1, 2012

Bridal Shower Sweets

One of my oldest friends Stephanie, who I've known since the 3rd grade, is getting married in a couple of weeks.  She and her new fiance Andrew are such a beautiful couple.  Last night we celebrated, I was in charge of the treats.  Her colors are cream, gray and salmon; to bring in the salmon we chose to do Carrot Cake. These not only turned out beautiful but delicious--stay tuned for my favorite Carrot Cake recipe. They are moist from the crushed pineapple inside and then are glazed right out of the oven to make them even more rich and moist. My favorite part is the delicious Orange Cream Cheese Frosting!  The lace around the liners as wrappers was actually very simple.  Just the right width lace and a hot glue gun and you are in business!  I am happy with the way that these tags turned out.  I'm sure I will be making them the same way for Erica's baby shower coming up.

I played off the monogram on her invitation to get these cookies.  They had a rough ride in the car so the letters were distorted but nonetheless I am happy with the way that they turned out.



I don't have pictures of the rest of the shower, unfortunately.  Courtney and Cassidy put together such a cute table with fantastic food!

No comments:

Post a Comment