Monday, July 2, 2012

Baby Shower Time!

Wow. what a GREAT baby shower!  We had a talented crew.  On Saturday we threw Jenna's baby shower.  The theme that the girls came up with was "mini" which turned out to be just adorable; from the invitations, food, and favors. We had the shower in the morning so we did a light breakfast. Jordan Coffey, one of Jenna's oldest friends is working on being a graphic designer so the party had a special twist with beautiful paper products.  It is amazing how much those little details always add so much.  She did labels for the food, cute thank you cards, and matching favor tags. I was assigned food, my favorite thing of course.  Since I had the week off for work I had lots of time to work on the food little by little.  I did mini everything: mini red-velvet cupcakes, mini baby sugar cookies, mini cheesecakes, mini muffins (1 tsp at a time for 13 batches!), mini spinach quiche, mini cinnamon rolls, raspberry lindzor tart cookies and as for the rest, well the pictures say it all.  Since the baby's name will be Scarlet we used the color red as an accent color in addition to grey and white-- which will be the colors of the nursery.  Didn't it turn out cute??!
For this custard recipe click HERE.  So easy and YUMMY! 
Whenever I eat these at showers I love them!  I made a graham cracker crust instead of using nilla wafers.
Ordered me a new decorating tip, so worth it!!  The best red-velvet recipe (in my opinion)  is Magnolia Bakery NYC.
These were not only DELICIOUS but super simple. For the recipe click HERE.  In order to make them mini I used frozen Pastry Dough sheets, cut them out in circles and simply placed it in the bottom of each muffin tin instead of doing a crust.
If you want to make mini cinnamon rolls this is the recipe I used Eat Cake For Dinner.  Instead of crescent rolls I used Pilsbury's seamless dough.
The sugar cookies went much faster than they typically do because they were miniature size.  Love the way they turned out!

My favorite Linzor Tart recipe is by Ina Garten, everything of hers is always good.  These are great for Christmas too.  They are such a pretty cookie.

For games, we did a Celebrity baby match.  I got only got one right!  And of course, adorable cardstock and design by Mrs. Coffey.

 And this would be the beautiful Mrs. herself.  

Aubrey is miss crafty!  She did the cutest banner and decorated vintage doors with the maternity pictures that I did for Jenna and her husband.
 Jordan had some cute curtains that fit right in with the vintage theme so they draped those over the tables, such a good idea!

These were the adorable favors made from small baby food jars and filled with a homemade coconut lime exfoliating scrub.

She also brought in an awesome grey wingback chair that is so stinkin' cute!  She draped a yellow throw over it for Jenna to open presents on.  

What a creative bunch of girls! (and the almost mom to be.)  All in all this was such a darling baby shower.  We met some fun new people and enjoyed the morning outside. Now I just can't wait to meet this baby in August!

No comments:

Post a Comment