Friday, February 17, 2012

The best Chicken Noodle soup recipe!

 Lion House Hearty Chicken Noodle Soup

2 tsp. chicken soup base, or 2 bouillon cubes
3 cups canned chicken stock (broth)
2 cups chopped carrots
2 cups chopped celery
3/4 cup chopped onion
2 cans (10 1/2 oz. each) cream of chicken soup
1/4 cup evaporated milk or 1/2 cup whole milk
Roux (equal amounts of flour and butter used to thicken).
2 1/2 oz. (about 4 cups) cooked noodles (I use "Country Pasta, homemade style egg pasta" from Costco. It's like homemade.)

Heat chicken soup base (or bouillon cubes) and stock together. Add carrots, celery, and onion, and simmer until vegetables are tender. Add cream of chicken soup and milk. Thicken with roux as desired, then add cooked chicken and noodles. Add salt and pepper to taste. Makes about 2 1/2 quarts or 10 one cup servings.

Since this is the best recipe for chicken noodle you'll ever encounter I thought I would share.  Dave has been asking for it for weeks and I finally snagged the opportunity to make it.  My mom would make this when I was growing up and it is always a hit for whoever might be enjoying it.  Perfect for a cold day, surprising the family or taking it to a sick friend.  Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment