Thursday, February 2, 2012

Day 2: Appreciation Journal

For this second day I'm going to be completely honest, my creative juices were not flowing and I didn't feel like being artsy. But I made it happen for the sake of Dave (who was exhausted from working so stinking hard.) so while he slept I pulled myself together and pulled out my new best friend ModPodge:) If you want to make this here is what I did. . .

1. Buy a composition notebook.
2. Choose your favorite scrapbook paper.
3. Cut to the appropriate size (front and back.)
4. ModPodge your little heart out.
5. Decorate. More ModPodge if you want.
6. Let Dry. Voila!

On my journal I wanted a distressed look so I used an ink pad. There were also a few tears along the way but it worked out great for the look I was going for.

The goal of this appreciation journal is that when we notice things that each other do that we love or appreciate we will write them down and then read through them together each anniversary. I hope we continue this tradition for many years. We always tell each other "I love you" but I think it's important to know why! Keep memories safe and have them written down before it is too late. One of my most prized possessions are all of the letters from two years of being apart that we kept so safe. They are priceless-- a play by play of all the conversations we had during our get to know each other time. Tell your honey why you love them. Happy loving!

No comments:

Post a Comment