The past couple days have been quite crazy--weekend, volleyball tournament, Super Bowl, you know how it goes! For Day 3 (last night) when I got home from my volleyball tournament I whipped up a special drink for Dave while he was out getting some crazy bread to snack on. It was quite the fiasco when the blender decided to blow up all over me and the kitchen. . . But I recovered with a delicious strawberry shake which I made "love potion" :)
Today, was filled with food, family and the Super Bowl. We had the family and a few friends over which was very fun. Because of the festivities, Day 5 turned my "14 days of Valentines" into 13 days. I didn't want to do something with food, since we were way too full of it and I had just done the love potion so I opted to write in our appreciation journal and call it a day. Today was better than a Valentine. It was fast Sunday and Dave didn't have work, which is always nice. We had a family fast and went to church together. After church we had a nice Family Home Evening. It was Dave's turn to plan the lesson We read through 10 of his favorite scriptures, five in the Book of Mormon and 5 in the Bible. I love reading scriptures and praying together! The purpose of Dave's lesson this week was to encourage us to read scriptures together more often. I really enjoyed it and felt so happy after closing prayer. Life is so sweet when you put the Lord first!
I am so grateful for the family that Dave and I are starting. It is so exciting to be in this time in our lives. A lot of people would say that they can't wait until they move past the "Starving Student" phase. But I know that we will look back some day and say how much we miss being newly-wed. Sometimes it is really hard, but I am trying to eat it up as much as I can and be happy now. Just like President Uchtdorf says in his "Forget Me Not" talk, "Be happy now and notice the little flowers instead of tending to the exotic blooms." This talk is one that I will read over and over during my life. It is a great reminder, very simple yet so profound and true. This is a true message of love, better than any of these little gestures I have put together. Love the Lord the most, love your spouse unconditionally and strive to be a more charitable person. I know that if we make Christlike love our focus life will be so much more joyful, it is what makes us the very happiest!
xoxo Cari
Sunday, February 5, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment