Monday, February 6, 2012

Day 6 on hold until Tuesday

My plan for today was to turn on our love song and ask Dave to dance then stay up late reading through memories from the cute little heart box I made. Well. . . Dave had late class, I had later practice and I came home to a sleeping husband on the couch. It is now very late, and too late to wake him up--especially because he works at 4am tomorrow. Tired boy.

In church yesterday someone in Relief Society mentioned how inadequate they felt when they would read blogs of women who apparently lived the "perfect life." I am here to tell you that this blog is real and as down to earth as I can possibly make it. Life is not perfect. I want to write about the things that make life great and challenging. Don't more readers feel like they can relate that way? Dave and I have a beautiful relationship and we are blessed to have personalities that do not thrive on arguing. But this is 9 months into our marriage! We have a lifetime of being imperfect and growing together. I just wanted to make it known that I want this blog to be real. This is the second night that my Valentine has fallen through. I could be hard on myself or I can giggle at the fact that I care so darn much that this Valentines day is awesome! I just love Valentines day but it's not worth adding unnecessary stress!

I love this quote, "Being happy doesn’t mean that everything is perfect. It means you’ve decided to look beyond the imperfections.” -Unknown. How true it is. We either need to look past those things that we can't control with a smile or embrace those imperfections as unique qualities of our lives. So hang tight for a Tuesday filled with loads of Valentines! I assure you it will worth a peek! xoxo Cari

No comments:

Post a Comment